Chris attended Indiana University (Bloomington), where he later taught English to foreign students. He subsequently taught English full-time in three Japanese universities (two national, one private) for over a decade. His work has appeared in various journals for language teaching and a few other venues, including a now-defunct Japanese newspaper.
He left Japan to return home to care for his crippled elderly father, pursue an engineering degree, and learn to weld. He received a technical certificate for welding and an AS magna cum laude in Pre-Engineering (Electrical) from Ivy Tech Community College. In December 2016, he graduated from Indiana University–Purdue University Indianapolis with a BS in Electrical Engineering. A Hoosier at heart, he currently lives in Arizona.
Things he likes:
- Friends and family
- (Usually deceased) Russian composers and authors
- Learning new programming languages
- British and Japanese cars from the 1950s and 1960s
- Provincial Japan and many things Japanese, especially non-fancy 和食 (Japanese food)
- Leisurely bicycling, preferably on his Strida
- 3D and interactive photography, mainly panorama movies